Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful


Our family project this month was to remember things we were thankful for.  Every night we would write down one thing we were thankful for and hang it up.  We could not repeat ourselves, but we could repeat others.  It was a really fun project!  Near the end, Sydney would end up listing 10 or more new things she was thankful for each night without any prompting. She really got the hang of it! A lot of Cooper's list came from her extras.  We found that listing every person we were thankful for, which started happening one night, was taking up our entire list, so we started writing "family/cousins" or "grandparents."  To sum it up, we really are so grateful for every person in our family... extended cousins and all! I loved having a reminder of things we were thankful for hanging on the walls in our home.  It has been so fun to stop every once in a while and read it.  On the last night of our project, I found I was a little sad, because I didn't get to list everything I was thankful for!  We really have been so blessed in our lives.  We have so much to be grateful for.



Daddy's List
Mommy~ Priesthood~ Book of Mormon~ cuddle time~ Sydney~ Cooper~ pictures~ birthdays~ work~ comfy couches~ to have a yard~ Sydney's smile~ food~ scriptures~ family~ Chris~ opportunities at work~ missionaries~ cookies~ friends~ snow~ the Spirit~ football~ grandparents~ turkey




Mommy's List
Temple~ our house~ Cooper~ marrying Daddy 5 years ago~ dates with Daddy~ the scriptures~ nice weather~ my baby girl Sydney who was born 3 years ago~ President Monson~ Daddy's job~ the pretty fall leaves~ laughing~ a garage~ Michael~ Allie~ grandparents~ movie nights~ mountains~ good health~ to live in America~ good friends~ missionaries~ being a stay at home mom and playing with my kids~ the gospel~ forever family




Sydney's List
my brother Cooper~ Mommy~ Allie~ Jessie~ Daddy~ missionaries~ Timmy and my friendship bracelet~ my ladybug birthday party~ Cinderella~ Belle~ my toys~ singing songs~ Temple~ Beam~ Mason~ Lisa~ yogurt~ grandparents~ dresses~ snow~ blankets~ cousins~ balloons~ clothes~ Pamps




Cooper's List
my sister Sydney~ Daddy~ bananas~ my blanket~ Mommy~ my sippy~ Alex~ naps~ snacks~ Book of Mormon~ church~ missionaries~ books~ cake~ Brett~ temple~ dancing~ music~ hugs~ pajamas~ coats~ my crib~ family~ playing~ reading


2 comments:

Halvorsen Family said...

What a great idea..I love that you involved the kiddos. I will have to remember that for next year. Hope all is well.

Nicole said...

Such a cute idea--that looks cute too!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed