Monday, September 6, 2010

So Long Sweet Summer

For me, Labor Day is kind of the official end of summer.  We had such a great summer!  Yesterday we had a BBQ for Sunday Dinner, complete with steak, summer fruit/dip, and bowtie salad.  It was delicious.  I think we just wanted to make sure to get a good BBQ in before it was too late.  I am looking forward to a fun fall, full of colorful leaves, pumpkins, crisp days, etc.  I really do love fall... it's just that darn winter that I'm not a fan of.  Every September I wish I could go out and buy a bunch of back to school supplies.  For some reason, I just love the binders, crayons, paper, pens, rulers, etc.  Maybe that's why I became a teacher.  I guess I really do only have a few more years that I won't be buying those things- and believe me, I am holding on to those years as much as I can.  I sure love having my kids the ages they are!  We wanted to fit in one last swimming day before the pools close... but today is pretty cold, so I'm a little bummed about that.  To me, there is nothing better than a day at the pool!  I think we might head up to the mountains and enjoy some time up there.

For those of you who love pictures of my kids, you'll like this post, because there are a lot of them!  Here's a recap of some more of our summer activities (those I haven't already blogged about)  We sure kept busy!

Brett's Baseball Games






Swimming!







Shopping & Baths






Splash Park







Out to Lunch & Sunglasses





Boondocks







Parks!






We are going to miss you summer!  Thanks for always being so reliably fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun! Good luck with the move--how nice to be in a home!

Tori said...

Such cute pics! I completely understand about the school supplies! I buy packs of crayons and glue and pencils every year and I don't even need them! Also...where did you get that swimming thing Cooper is in? I have looked everywhere for one of those.

Jolynn said...

Tori, I looked everywhere for the baby float too. It took me forever to find it. I actually found it at Smith's grocery store- kinda strange. Good luck!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed