Friday, December 5, 2008

San Francisco

2 weeks ago we left on another road trip- this time to California for Chris and Lisa's wedding. I had never been to northern CA, so I was excited to go to a few new places. Matt decided that we would make the drive a bit longer and go to San Francisco so I could see it. I don't think Sydney would have considered the longer drive worth it- but I did! It was a very interesting city, where I must admit I felt like I had to keep the car doors locked at all times because there were so many people out on the streets. It is always fun to do things with just our little family!

The famous Pier 39


Lombard Street


Some of the city...


Sydney loved the birds all around...


Ghirardelli- we love chocolate!






The Golden Gate Bridge- so cool!


I promise- this story has a point! It was so fun to just walk around parts of the city and look around. It really has a unique feel to it. I have realized that I am so sheltered- which I actually like. When we got to Pier 39, it was our first time out of the car since Reno, NV. So, naturally I had to go to the bathroom. We wanted to get some clam chowder in sourdough breadbowls, so I thought I'd just go to the restroom in the restaurant. We settled down at our table, and then I went to look for the bathroom. I headed to the corner where it looked like it was at, and there was only one restroom, with only men walking out. So, I proceeded to walk around the restaurant looking for the woman's bathroom. A girl asked me if I was looking for the bathroom, and I said "yes." She pointed towards the men's bathroom I had seen earlier. I gave her this puzzled look, and she said, "it's unisex" all matter-of-factly. I about died!!! I am sure as I walked away she laughed at the look on my face. At this point, I really did need to go- so I walked over to the unisex bathroom. I think I stood outside for a while, trying to decide if I really should go in. Out of necessity, I finally went in. I was scared the entire time, that I would see a man, and thankfully I didn't. When I got back to the table, Matt said he needed to go, and I replied with, "oh we could have gone together!" So weird, and creepy! Let's just say, I hope I never have to go in a unisex bathroom again, and I really am glad I live in UTAH!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed