Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Smile!

Pretty soon this adorable toothless smile of Sydney's will have a new tooth.



I discovered Sydney's tooth growing in the other day when I felt her gums. You still can't see the tooth, but it is coming! Sydney has been having a tough time with teething and it is hard to make her happy. She follows me around all day climbing onto my legs and crying at my feet. The worst part is that she does not sleep through the night anymore. It is sad to see her not feeling up to her normal happy self! I have been hoping that Sydney would teethe late mainly because I did and I have excellent teeth, (Not to brag but I've only had one cavity ever) and Matt's teeth are not quite as excellent. I didn't get teeth until I was about a year old, so when people started telling me that Sydney was teething at 3 months, because she drooled a lot, I was a little concerned. Luckily she made it to 9 months, which has been nice for nursing and hopefully will mean she has more characteristics of my teeth and not Matt's.

It is a little bitter-sweet that she is going to have her first tooth. It will be fun to see her smile transform, but it makes me sad that she is growing up so fast. It is amazing that she learns something new everyday! It feels like just yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital and yet here she is crawling and getting teeth!


P.S. Cutest Baby Contest! We entered Sydney in a "cutest baby contest" at our bank. We will win a trip to California if she wins, so vote for Sydney! You can vote every day at this website: www.jordan-cu.org and the link is the Cutest Baby banner, just select Sydney at the Pool picture and vote.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sydney is going to win the cutest baby contest! I will vote for her everyday.
It will be different when you come back from Oregan because Sydney will have a tooth! I hope you have fun in Oregan.
I love you guys!

Chelsey said...

Yay for Sydney! I am voting every day! I hope that you guys win. I love reading your blog...good luck with the teething. Hunter is getting his 6th right now (filling in that gap too). So hopefully he has good teeth!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed