Thursday, January 19, 2012

Warm Days in January!

We've had some really nice weather this month.  I can't believe how much it has helped January- (the most dreaded, longest, coldest, depressing month of the year) go by faster and be more enjoyable.  I am most definitely a fair weather person.  I'll never forget the year Matt and I lived in Provo.  That January was the worst.  Inversion every day and freezing.  Freezing, like below 20 every day.  We didn't even have a car port, so literally every time we got in the car, even if we'd only been out of it for an hour in the middle of the day, we had to scrape... To make matters worse, my family lived in sunny, beautiful-January-weather Arizona.  31 days of miserable, freezing, depressing, yucky air weather.  We literally didn't see the sun for the whole month.  I shudder just thinking of it.

Fast forward 5 years and we've had a beautiful January.  We've had days that we've even reached 60 degrees!  We took full advantage of it and took the kids to the park with some of their new Christmas toys.  Cooper loved hitting his baseball off the tee that Grandma and Pamps gave him.  Sydney had a blast riding her scooter around.  And we all enjoyed throwin' the pig skin around.  We didn't even have to wear big winter coats.  It was glorious.

I just hope we don't pay for it with snow in June...



No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed